Whether you travel a little or a lot, you know that some days everything seems to run very smoothly, while other days, travel is a chaotic mess. To make your travel days a little easier, I’ve prepared a list of the top 10 actually useful travel accessories you don’t want to leave home without.
Travel Accessories for Packing
- Gonex Travel Bottles Set. This is an absolute MUST for packing liquids and creams. Believe me, you DO NOT want to arrive at your destination with a wet, sticky mess inside of your suitcase. I’ve tried several types of bottles and I can highly recommend this set. They have a nice wide mouth for pouring in your shampoo, conditioner, lotions, etc. They are awesome for keeping the liquid inside the bottle so you don’t have a mess to clean up when you get to your hotel. This set also comes with small containers for creams and a handy clear plastic container for everything.
- Gonex Compression Packing Cubes. I just love this set of packing cubes. With both zippers open, you can fit your clothing pieces in whether you roll or fold them. To save room in your carry-on, just zip up using both sets of zippers to compress everything a bit. This set contains from small to large sizes and even some extras unusually shaped cubes for, well, unusually shaped items.
- Eagle Creek Pack-It Compression Sack Set. This set of two compression sacks that can be rolled to expel excess air, are ESSENTIAL for packing up to return home. Just put your dirty laundry in these sacks, compress, and voila, you instantly have more room in your carry-on for those souvenirs you couldn’t resist.
Travel Accessories for Safety and Identification
- Anvil TSA Approved Lock. You always, always, always need to LOCK your suitcase whether it’s a carry-on or a checked bag. You never know when you’ll have to gate-check your carry-on. Things can and do go missing from unlocked luggage in the airport and hotel rooms. These bright colors will help you to identify your bag when you get to baggage claim too!
- Travelon Luggage tags. Brightly colored luggage tags are fantastic for identifying your luggage at the baggage claim too. You can express your personality or you can go for a little more safety. I like to use these Travelon tags. The address area has a snap-lock keeping it closed so wandering eyes can’t see your information. Plus they’re colorful making it easy to spot at baggage claim.
Travel Accessories for Airplane (or Train)
- TRTL Travel Pillow. After the chaos of the airport or train station, you’re going to want to settle back and relax during the actual travel part of your trip. There are all kinds of travel pillows to choose from but this is the one I personally use and recommend. While it’s not an actual pillow in the normal sense of the word, it supports your head in a swath of soft fabric even better than an actual pillow. And it just looks like a comfy scarf. I’ve used it on short and even international flights and I swear by it. I have neck problems and it is THE BEST solution I’ve ever tried. You NEED this “pillow.” Trust me on this!
- Unimi 100% Light Blocking Eye Mask. Yes, you NEED this eye mask too! I learned this the hard way, folks. The one time I forgot my eye mask on a nighttime international flight was the time I flew on a United Airlines Dreamliner. I was all settled in and sleeping well when the couple in front of me decided to watch a movie at 3:00 in the morning. You see, the Dreamliner doesn’t have pull-down window covers. It has the fancy tinted windows that go dark at night. However, what you should know if you fly on one of these is that the windows REFLECT the screen in the seat in front of you if you’re sitting in a window seat. And, yes, I WAS up for the rest of the night. I will not forget my eye mask again. This one is highly rated for keeping light out, so it’s a no brainer!
- Bose Quiet Control 30 Wireless Noise Cancellation Earbuds. I just LOVE my Bose Noise Cancellation Earbuds. I use them while I work at home and I definitely use them while I’m on an airplane. They are VERY effective for shutting out the baby crying behind me. My husband uses the actual headphones and really prefers them to the earbuds. But I like the earbuds because they don’t crush my hair while I’m using them, they are super comfortable in my ears, and they make listening to music or my audiobooks a pleasure. I DO NOT and WILL NOT leave home without these. They make the trip much more pleasurable and relaxing.
Travel Accessories for International Travel
- RIFD Protected Passport Wallet. If you’re leaving the country, you will need to travel with your passport. If you don’t have one yet, you need to get one. Read this post to find out the easy way to get a passport. If you travel with a passport, you’re going to want to protect it and your identity. These passport wallets are RFID protected and can hold not only your passport but also your credit card, ATM card, AND actual money. You CANNOT leave home without this!
- Unidapt International Power Adapter. If you plan to charge your cell phone or use your electrical and electronic devices in another country, you’ll also need an adapter in order to plug them in. This one can be used in Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, and just about any other place you may want to visit. However, and this is really important to know, this is NOT a CONVERTER. It will not convert to a different power voltage. If you have devices that require a converter to use them, you’ll also have to buy a CONVERTER. However, if your devices already can convert to the correct power voltage, you’ll only need an adapter, and this one is THE ONE to buy.
The Wrap Up
You may not be a travel pro but you can travel like one with these travel accessories that will make your travel much more enjoyable. Whether you travel domestically or internationally, these top 10 travel accessories are a must for making YOUR travel easy!
If you want to make your travel planning easy too, just sign up to receive my FREE TRAVEL PLANNER and my awesome travel tips by subscribing to get my emails in the box at the bottom of the page.
If you like this article you might want to read these articles too about packing and gifts for the traveler in your life. https://adventuresbeyondthenest.com/how-to-pack-like-a-pro-for-women/ https://adventuresbeyondthenest.com/ultimate-gift-guide-travelers/
Subscribe and get your Free Travel Planner!
Subscribe to get your freebie and our latest content by email.